Do you have a special textile that belonged to your grandmother that you'd love to give new life by turning it into an outfit for your little girl? Or do you have a specific color scheme/theme in mind for your special girl's birthday and would love an equally special outfit for her to wear for her party/milestone photos?
I'm so excited to be able to offer you the ability to acquire a "custom" Standard of Grace outfit by providing your own textile! I love doing these types of orders as it means I get to work with even more unique fabrics and you will receive a one-of-a-kind piece that will hopefully mean something to you personally!
Photo to the right by @natdlv
Here's how it works:
- First, contact me to find out when the next available opening is for custom orders. I only take on a few each month, and they fill up fast! So I wouldn't want you to hunt down a fabric you love before finding out whether or not I'll be able to make it in time for your special event!
- Once you have your custom spot reserved, find your fabric! You can find special pieces at flea markets, antique stores, estate sales, your grandma's attic, or online on sites such as Etsy or Ebay.
- Send me an email that includes both the dimensions of the piece as well as a couple photos of the fabric to make sure it is suitable for outfit creation (size, quality, amount of embroidery, etc.). Also include the style and size of the outfit that you'd like.
- Once fabrics are approved, I will send you my address for the fabric to be shipped to me. Customers are responsible for the shipping cost to send fabric to Standard of Grace, but normal shipping rates apply to ship the completed outfit to you (free in the US!).
- I will make your outfit! Turnaround time is generally 2 weeks from when fabric is received.
Some tips when searching for a textile:
- Look for fabrics at least 36" x 36" (unless you are interested in a dress. I can work with much smaller pieces for dresses since I use coordinating fabrics for the skirt, so pillowcases, hankies, placemats/runners, etc. are usually all good candidates)
- Make sure the embroidery is a good scale and isn't too close to the edges.
- If looking online (on sites like Ebay or Etsy), trying using search terms like, "vintage embroidered floral tablecloth."
- Feel free to send me an email with photos of potential textiles before you purchase and I'll be happy to evaluate them for you to see if they'd be a good fit for the outfit you want!
The price for customs is dependent on the style of the outfit desired and if any additional customization is necessary (I can always provide a quote via email!).
I do offer a 10% discount if the provided fabric both fits the aesthetic of the other pieces I typically make AND if there is enough fabric leftover for me to make (at least 2) additional outfits that you will allow me to sell on my site. Again, fabric must be pre-screened for suitability before discount can be offered.
- All creative/design requests will be taken into consideration. However, final design will ultimately be at the discretion of the maker.
- Discount codes cannot be applied to custom orders.
- If you'd like the remainder of the fabric to be sent back to you, please let me know! Some people like the rest to be returned so additional coordinating accessories such as bonnets/bibs/etc. can be made with them!
CUSTOM ORDERS ARE CURRENTLY OPEN! PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT SECURING A SPOT FOR YOUR DESIRED DATE!